The men’s choir La Mutuelle was founded in 1884 by Théodore Corboud in the Neuveville district of Fribourg.
Linked to the Saint-Jean Parish at the time of its creation, the choir provided religious services there until 1900. At the same time, it also devoted itself to secular music and took part in several singing festivals, mainly in the canton of Fribourg.
In 1958, its name was changed to Union Chorale La Mutuelle.
The photo below shows the choir during a walk on the Black Lake in 1905.